- 婚礼，结婚典礼 ，结婚仪式
- [C]结婚 the union of a man and woman by a ceremony in law
- [U]婚姻状况 the state of being so united
- [C]婚礼 wedding; ceremony at which a couple are married
the state of being a married couple voluntarily joined for life (or until divorce);
"a long and happy marriage"
"God bless this union"
two people who are married to each other;
"his second marriage was happier than the first"
"a married couple without love"
the act of marrying; the nuptial ceremony;
"their marriage was conducted in the chapel"
a close and intimate union;
"the marriage of music and dance"
"a marriage of ideas"
- The news of their marriage knocked me for a loop.
- It was a pleasant surprise to learn of her marriage.
- Marriage is an institution in most societies.
- Marriage is for life.
- He played a passive role in the marriage.
- C++ is a marriage of the low-level with the high-level.
- A lichen is a compound organism, a symbiotic marriage of fungus and algae.
- Marriage is a lifelong business.
- Does he intend marriage or only flirts with her?
- The two families forbade the marriage between Thompson and Nancy.
- We favour late marriage.
- Living separately from parents after marriage is common.
- He came into the firm as the result of his marriage with the daughter of the chairman.
- Stephen's parents tended to disengage him from the promise of marriage.
- She has abandoned all thought of marriage.
- On her marriage to Mr.Smith,Miss Jones became Mrs. Smith.
- Happy marriage may be more common in fiction than in real life.
- Her first marriage ended unhappy.
- Our marriage nearly broke up.
- Their marriage was legal.
- The marriage was invalid.
- Many women successfully mix marriage and career.
- The parents were happy at the happy marriage of their daughter.
- The magazine's issue on marriage was especially interesting.
- She was not lucky in marriage.
- Her father reluctantly consented to the marriage.
- His political reputation was damaged due to his illegal marriage.
- Since she left school, she's had an eye to marriage.
- A marriage has been announced between Mr. White and Miss Brown.
- Over a seven-year period the number of marriages has decreased by thirty percent.
- This is a register of births, marriages and deaths.
- She rejected his marriage proposal.
- No one had seen her marriage certificate.
- They went through the appropriate marriage procedure.
- Her second marriage was held in St. John's Church.
- I shall attend your marriage.
- They are going to have a church marriage.
- Mrs. White only comes up to her husband's chin but there's no doubt who is the boss in that marriage!
- It is now fashionable to perform marriages in the evening.
- This major bank marriage is the fourth in less than six months.
- in marriage
通过婚姻关系 by the relation of marriage
- marriage comes by destiny
姻缘命中注定 marriage are made in heaven
- accept the marriage 答应结婚
- announce a marriage 宣布结婚
- arrange the marriage 安排婚礼
- break a marriage 离婚
- dissolve a marriage 解除婚约
- enter into a marriage 结婚
- perform the marriage 举行婚礼
- promise marriage to sb 答应与某人结婚
- propose marriage to sb 向某人求婚
- reject marriage 拒婚
- repair a broken marriage 使夫妻破镜重圆
- arranged marriage 事先筹划的婚姻
- broken marriage 破裂的婚姻
- civil marriage 公证结婚
- common-law marriage 未行正式仪式或未经法律批准的婚姻,同居
- deferred marriage 晚婚
- early marriage 早婚
- fictitious marriage 虚伪的结婚
- happy marriage 美满的婚姻
- illegal marriage 不合法的结婚
- ill-fated marriage 招致不幸的婚姻
- interracial marriage 不同种族之间的婚姻
- late marriage 晚婚
- lawful marriage 合法婚姻
- legal marriage 合法的结婚
- loveless marriage 没有爱情的婚姻
- mixed marriage 杂婚,异族通婚
- monogamous marriage 一夫一妇
- open marriage 公开的婚姻
- premature marriage 早婚
- secret marriage 秘密的婚姻
- unhappy marriage 不幸的婚姻
- group marriage 杂婚,群交共婚制
- marriage agency 婚姻介绍所
- marriage law 婚姻法
- after marriage 婚后
- age at marriage 结婚年龄
- by marriage 由姻亲关系
- relation by marriage 姻亲
- give (a daughter) in marriage 嫁女
- take (a woman) in marriage 娶妻
- unite in marriage 通过结婚而结合
- rush into marriage 草率结婚
- offer of marriage 求婚
- marriage for money 为钱而结婚
- marriage into (a family) 结婚后成为(家庭的)一员
- marriage of convenience 权宜之计的婚姻
- marriage to sb 与某人的婚姻
Most of us enter into marriage with romantic ideas.出自： D. Rowe
- marriage, matrimony, wedding
- 1.marriage须得到法律的认可; matrimony是一个很正式的有宗教含义的词,尤其用于通过结婚而建立精神上或宗教信仰方面的联系; 而wedding则一般只是习俗而并非法律的必须程序。例如:
- Marriage by a priest is lawful in England without another ceremony.在英国,由牧师证婚的婚姻即使没有别的仪式也是合法的。
- He is contemplating matrimony with his girlfriend.他正考虑和他的女朋友结婚。
- Many people came to the young couple's wedding.许多人参加了这对年轻夫妇的婚礼。
- 2.marriage指婚姻状况,而wedding则指男女结婚时举行的一种仪式。“参加婚礼”英语是attend a wedding,“喜筵”是wedding feast,“结婚照”是wedding photograph,“结婚戒指”是wedding ring,“结婚礼物”是wedding gift〔present〕。这些都不能用marriage 来代替。再如：Their marriage lasted for thirty happy years.他们的婚姻持续了30个幸福的年头。
- Have you been invited to their wedding?你被邀请参加他们的婚礼了吗?
误 Marriage are a very serious thing.
正 Marriage is a very serious thing.
- ☆ 1300年左右进入英语，直接源自古法语的mariage，意为结婚，婚姻。