- [C][U]笑话,玩笑 thing said or done to cause amusement, laughter, etc.
- [S]可笑的人、事物、情形 ridiculous person, thing or situation
- vi. 开玩笑,戏弄 say or do things to cause laughter or amusement
a humorous anecdote or remark intended to provoke laughter;
"he told a very funny joke"
"he knows a million gags"
"thanks for the laugh"
"he laughed unpleasantly at his own jest"
"even a schoolboy's jape is supposed to have some ascertainable point"
activity characterized by good humor
a ludicrous or grotesque act done for fun and amusement
a triviality not to be taken seriously;
"I regarded his campaign for mayor as a joke"
tell a joke; speak humorously;
"He often jokes even when he appears serious"
act in a funny or teasing way
- He closed his speech with a funny joke.
- I'm sorry but I can't see the joke.
- It is no joke.
- He can't take a joke.
- He's someone I have an occasional chat and joke with.
- You must be joking.
- Are you joking with us?
- His joke fell flat because nobody understood it.
- Her joke suddenly clicked with us and we all laughed.
- Once they understood the joke, they broke out into laughter.
- The comedian's joke elicited applause and laughter from the audience.
- Being a foreigner, he did not catch on the joke.
- His cheerful joke made us forget our weariness.
- She didn't know why we were laughing at that joke; in a little while she caught on and laughed too.
- They all doubled up when I told my joke.
- Henry played a joke on John, and next day John got back at him.
- I know you're really awake; you're just playing a joke upon me.
- When Bill was angry with Bob,Bob made a joke, and it cleared the air between them.
- I don't mind a joke, but this is going too far.
- My remark was not intended as a joke.
- He ducked a question with a joke.
- “Is this new man funny, then?”“Funny! The way he tells these jokes will knock them in the aisles!”
- His jokes amused the crying child.
- Don't be upset; I was only joking.
- He's always joking; rarely do we see him in such a solemn mood.
- It is not a subject to joke upon.
- be beyond a joke
不是闹着玩的事; 正经的事 be〔become〕 a serious matter
- be no joke
非常严重 be serious
- crack a joke
讲笑话,开玩笑 speak funny story
- have a joke with
与(某人)一起以某事取笑 share the pleasure of laughing at sth with sb
- practical joke
恶作剧 prank that makes fun at sb else's expense
- sick joke
试图使人发笑但作用完全相反的笑话 remark intended to be funny but made in bad taste
- take a joke
经得起开玩笑 accept playful remarks or tricks with good humour
- joke about (v.+prep.)
不严肃地对待 treat sth not seriously
joke about sth/v-ing
Don't joke about his eyes.
You should not joke about his mistake.
They joked about his inaptitude.
They joked about being in the play, but they really took it very seriously.
- joke with (v.+prep.)
同…一起讲笑话; 开…的玩笑 share a joke with sb; have fun with sb; make a joke about sb
joke with sb
I'm not serious; I'm only joking with you.
They were joking with each other.
他们在互相开玩笑。joke with sb about sth/v-ing
He joked with me about this matter.
They joked with me about my coming late.
- You must be〔have got to be〕 joking
一定在开玩笑(用以嘲笑不可信的事) used to express mocking disbelief
- become the joke of 成为…的笑料
- carry the joke too far 开玩笑开得太过分了
- catch a joke 领会玩笑的意思
- cut a joke 说笑话,开玩笑
- flash joke 卖弄笑话
- have a joke 开个玩笑
- make a joke 开个玩笑
- play a joke 开个玩笑
- push the joke too far 开玩笑开得太过分了
- report joke 转述笑话
- see the joke 明白笑话的意思,理解幽默之所在
- share joke 分享笑话
- smile at the joke 听到这笑话笑起来
- take a joke 被人开玩笑,经得住开玩笑
- tell jokes 说笑话
- tell sb a joke 给某人讲一个笑话
- turn sth into a joke 把某事当成儿戏
- understand a joke 理解玩笑的意思
- bad joke 恶意的笑话,拙劣的玩笑
- blue joke 下流的笑话
- broad joke 黄色笑话
- capital joke 绝妙的笑话
- cheap joke 庸俗的笑话,低级的笑话
- clean joke 健康的玩笑
- coarse joke 粗俗的笑话
- colossal joke 天大的笑话
- complete joke 十足的笑料
- crude joke 粗俗的笑话
- current joke 流行的笑话
- cynical joke 玩世不恭的笑话,冷嘲热讽的笑话
- dirty joke 荤段子
- dull joke 沉闷的笑话
- endless joke 没有尽头的笑话
- foolish joke 愚蠢的玩笑
- funny joke 有趣的笑话
- good joke 善意的玩笑
- heartless joke 残酷的笑话
- hilarious joke 极有趣的笑话
- horrible joke 恐怖的笑话
- huge joke 天大的笑话
- indelicate joke 不合时宜的笑话
- innocent joke 无恶意的笑话
- inopportune joke 粗俗的笑话
- mutual joke 彼此的笑话
- obscene joke 猥亵的笑话
- obvious joke 显而易见的笑话
- off-colour joke 下流的玩笑
- old joke 陈腐的笑话
- outrageous joke 令人不能容忍的笑话
- practical joke 恶作剧
- priceless joke 极无趣的笑话,极荒唐的笑话
- questionable joke 有疑问的笑话
- rich joke 有趣的笑话
- rubber-stamp jokes 廉价批发来的笑话
- rude joke 粗鲁的笑话
- satirical joke 挖苦人的笑话
- sick joke (关于死亡、残酷与痛苦等)使人恶心的玩笑
- silly joke 无聊的俏皮话
- sly joke 巧妙的笑话
- smutty joke 下流的笑话
- stale joke 听厌的笑话
- standing joke 笑柄,笑料
- stock joke 老生常谈的笑话
- subtle joke 微妙的笑话
- unintended joke 非故意的笑话
- well-known joke 众所周知的笑话
- worn-out joke 听厌的笑话
- wretched joke 无聊的俏皮话
- joke book 笑话集
- beyond a joke 玩笑开得过分
- for a joke 开开玩笑
- in joke 开玩笑地,不当真地
- of no joke 不是闹着玩的
- but of joke 只是玩笑
- object of a joke 开玩笑的对象
- joke about 关于…的玩笑
- joke of 关于…的玩笑
- joke artfully 有品味地说笑话
- joke cheerfully 兴致勃勃地说笑话
- joke cleverly 灵活地说笑话
- joke consciously 有意识地说笑话
- joke constantly 不断地说笑话
- joke delightfully 愉快地说笑话
- joke diplomatically 机敏地说笑话
- joke elatedly 兴高采烈地说笑话
- joke implicitly 含蓄地说笑话
- joke teasingly 揶揄地说笑话
- joke it away 一笑了之
- joke about 拿(某事)开玩笑
- joke about sb's mistake 拿某人的错误开玩笑
- joke at 对…开玩笑
- joke sb on his baldness 嘲笑某人的秃头
- joke with sb 开某人的玩笑,同某人一起讲笑话
- joke with sb about religion 在宗教的事情上同某人开玩笑
- joke with sb about sth 与某人就某事开玩笑
He looked like a little comic picture waiting for the joke to be written underneath.出自： K. Mansfield
Fred had made a joke and Henry hadn't laughed.出自： J. Mortimer
The taxi was..popular when he first arrived..but had rapidly become a joke car.出自： attrib.
You've got to be joking.出自： M. Stewart
Even from his sick bed he laughed and joked with everyone.出自：Star Style (Bombay)
It's too awful even to joke about.出自： P. Roth
- “和某人开玩笑”是joke with sb; “拿某事开玩笑”是joke about sth; “拿某事和某人开玩笑”是joke with sb about sth。习语You must be〔have got to be〕 joking的意思是“你一定是(在)开玩笑”。
- make a joke, make fun
- 这两个短语后接的介词不同, make fun后接of; make a joke后接about。例如:
- Don't make fun of an old man.
- Don't make a joke about an old man.
- Don't make a joke about an old man.
- Don't play a joke on an old man.
- Don't have a joke with an old man.
- joke, jest
- 1.jest主要指引人发笑的戏言; 而joke则不仅指开玩笑的“言”,而且还指恶作剧的“行”。例如:
- Don't jest with the little girl.不要戏弄这个小女孩。
误 Don't take my words to heart; they were said only in jokes.
正 Don't take my words to heart; they were said only in a joke.
析 “开玩笑”是in a joke,不用复数形式jokes。
- ☆ 1660年左右进入英语，直接源自拉丁语的jocus，意为笑话，开玩笑。