英 [d?'fens?v] 美 [d?'fens?v]
- adj. 防卫的；防御的；辩护的
- n. 防卫姿势；防卫物
an attitude of defensiveness (especially in the phrase `on the defensive')
intended or appropriate for defending against or deterring aggression or attack;
"a defensive stance"
attempting to justify or defend in speech or writing
- They teamed together into a defensive alliance.
- Our troops took up defensive positions on high ground overlooking the river.
- When asked to explain her behavior, she gave a very defensive answer.
- She's very defensive about her part in the affair.
- They put entirely on the defensive.
- defensive medicine 防御式医疗
- defensive team 防守队
- on the defensive 处于防御状态...
- self-defensive 自卫的
- defensive purchase 防务采购
- defensive tactics 防御战术
- defensive lapse 防守队员一时的疏忽...
- defensive proteins 防御蛋白,布赫内氏体...
- defensive investment 防务投资,与竞争企业...
- defensive end 防守端锋
- defensive programming 防错性程序设计...
- defensive player 防守型选手
- defensive gas 防御用毒气
- defensive football 防守型足球战术...
- defensive zone 防守区
- defensive wall 人墙
- defensive position 防守姿势
- defensive protein 防御蛋白质
- defensive mining 防御性布雷
- act on the defensive 进行防御,采取守势...
As a moat defensive to a house.出自：Richard II , Shakespeare
I was obliged to resolve upon a defensive conduct in future.出自： F. Burney
As a tackler and defensive player..he was exceptional.出自： W. Camp
The perfect stillness..made her raise her eyes..with a hard, defensive expression.出自： J. Conrad
Grim defensive houses strong enough to withstand party feuds.出自： K. Clark
The primary emphasis in defensive play is to prevent the offensive player from doing what he wants to do.出自： J. Lehane
- self-justifying 自己辩白的
- apologetic 道歉的
- distrustful 不信任的
- wary 小心的
- cautious 谨慎的
- protective 保护的
- protecting 动词protect的现在...
- defending 动词defend的现在进...
- shielding 防护
- fortified 加强的
- armored 装甲的
- armoured 披甲的
- justificatory 用来辨解的
- justificative 认为正当的
- defensive attitude 防卫态度
- offensive 令人不快的
- aggressive 侵略的