英 [??'za??ti] 美 [??'za??ti]
- n. 焦虑；担心；渴望
- [U][C]焦虑,担心,不安 an uncomfortable feeling in the mind usually caused by the fear or expectation that sth bad will happen
- [C]焦虑的原因 a cause of anxiety
- [U]渴望,热望 a feeling of worried eagerness
(psychiatry) a relatively permanent state of worry and nervousness occurring in a variety of mental disorders, usually accompanied by compulsive behavior or attacks of panic
a vague unpleasant emotion that is experienced in anticipation of some (usually ill-defined) misfortune
- It proved difficult to disguise his anxiety.
- They show great anxiety concerning their retirement allowance.
- This has caused us much anxiety.
- Some anxiety still lurked in her mind.
- His anxiety for knowledge is to be praised.
- And now a new anxiety seized me.
- His anxieties diminished.
- Her anxieties deepened with each passing day.
- His anxieties kept him awake overnight.
- All these anxieties make him look pale and tired.
- All his cares and anxieties made him look quite old.
- The anxieties of the past week had left her exhausted.
- This has caused us much anxiety.
- Mothers feel anxiety when their children are sick.
- The doctor's report removed all their anxieties.
- After listening to his advice she had no more anxieties.
- You have no reason for anxiety.
- Her son is a source of considerable anxiety.
- He was surprised by the triviality of her anxieties.
- Lack of money is one of his chief anxieties.
- He received the news of his father's sickness with great anxiety.
- Her anxiety about the science test increased as it grew nearer.
- As his confidence in his work increased, his anxieties about it diminished.
- His speech removed all anxieties about higher prices.
- His statement was an attempt to allay public anxieties about the economic situation.
- You need have no anxiety about that.
- He felt anxiety about the possible loss of his job.
- In his anxiety about the trip, he forgot to pay his rent.
- He is full of anxiety about that matter.
- There's a lot of anxiety among the staff about possible job losses.
- Children normally feel a lot of anxiety about their first day at school.
- His anxiety for knowledge deserves our praise.
- The British fail to comprehend the deep European anxiety for progress towards unification because Britain hasn't been invaded since 1066.
- He felt strong anxiety for her safety.
- He expressed his anxiety for his son's safety.
- She expressed anxiety for a new dictionary.
- Jim's illness is just another anxiety for his poor mother.
- Everyone has anxieties of their own.
- It should represent the views and anxieties of party members to the cabinet.
- Traffic jams, bad housing, too much concrete and too little grass are the main anxieties of people who live in urban areas.
- This can lead to unnecessary anxiety over a child's quite normal behaviour.
- That was a great anxiety to me.
- Her sick child is a great anxiety to her.
- Tom's foolish behaviour caused great anxiety to his parents.
- What he did yesterday showed his anxiety to please his customers.
- Tom's anxiety to succeed led him to work hard.
- In his anxiety not to offend them, he agreed to concessions.
- The manager expressed anxiety that it should be done in no time.
- cause anxiety 使人担忧
- display anxiety 表现出焦虑
- drown one's anxieties and worries in drink 借酒浇愁
- feel anxiety 感到担心
- relieve anxiety 消除忧虑
- undergo anxiety 担忧
- constant anxiety 持久的烦恼
- deep anxiety 严重的忧虑
- domestic anxiety 家事的烦恼
- endless anxiety 无限忧虑
- great anxiety 非常忧虑
- horrible anxiety 极为担心
- much anxiety 忧心忡忡
- overwhelming anxiety 极大的忧虑
- pecuniary anxiety 金钱问题的烦恼
- undefined anxiety 无可名状的烦恼
- unnecessary anxiety 不必要的烦恼
- well-founded anxiety 有缘由的忧虑
- wide-spread anxiety 普遍的忧虑
- fall a prey to anxiety 被忧虑困扰
- free from anxiety 无忧无虑
- in great anxiety 非常忧虑
- wait with anxiety 焦急地等待
- without anxiety 无忧无虑地
- anxiety about 对…的忧虑
- anxiety about future 对前途担忧
- anxiety for 渴望，焦急盼望
- anxiety for knowledge 强烈的求知欲
- anxiety for news 想得到消息的焦急心情
- anxiety for sb's return 渴望某人回来
- anxiety for sb's safety 为某人的安全担忧
Finance has been a constant anxiety.出自：Nature
- anxiety后可接由that引导的同位语从句,从句中的谓语动词多用“should+动词原形”, should有时可省略。
- anxiety, care, worry
- 1.care指由于责任重大,担心与恐惧而产生的“忧虑”“担心”; anxiety则指因悬而未决或吉凶难卜的事而引起的焦虑与紧张不安,也可指因即将到来的灾难和不幸而产生的恐惧与忧虑; worry则指由于问题、环境及人而从内心深处产生的“不安”“焦虑”或“烦恼”。
- 4.care的复数形式cares常表示烦恼或引起不安的具体的事; worry的复数形式worries通常指生活中使人操心的事,而anxiety则没有此用法。例如:
- Care had made him look ten years older.操心使他看起来比实际年龄大了10岁。
- The rich had their cares also.有钱的人也有他们烦恼的事情。
- He expressed his anxiety for his son's safety.他说他担心儿子的安全。
- His anxiety for knowledge deserves our praise.他对于知识的渴望,值得我们赞扬。
- As his confidence in his work increased, his anxieties about his work is diminished.因为他对工作的信心增加了,对工作的担忧就减少了。
- ☆ 1520左右进入英语，直接源自拉丁语的anxietatem，意为担心。