英 [?'fr?nt] 美 [?'fr?nt]
- n. 侮辱
- v. 侮辱；冒犯
a deliberately offensive act or something producing the effect of deliberate disrespect;
"turning his back on me was a deliberate insult"
treat, mention, or speak to rudely;
"He insulted her with his rude remarks"
"the student who had betrayed his classmate was dissed by everyone"
- He put an affront upon me.
- He was not a man to sit down with affront.
- His speech was an affront to all members of the community.
- Her mind was now very susceptible to affront .
- She did not dare affront him, for she understood the pride of artists.
- put an affront upon someone offer an a...
They had offered great affronts to his person.出自： Bunyan